Have digital coupons and offers replaced traditional coupons? Not Yet
Digital coupons and offers have not replaced traditional coupons.
Consumers today are savvy shoppers and research products and prices across channels. You may be interested in the findings from a recent Valassis study, 2016 Purse String Survey:
- Proximity: More than half of shoppers say they have visited a store, restaurant or other business after receiving an offer on their mobile device when they were near the business location.
- In-store Mobile: 72 percent of consumers say they have looked for coupons or offers while in-store via their mobile device; millennials (90 percent) and affluent shoppers with $100K+ household incomes (81 percent) are much more likely to do so.
- Print Relevance: 35 percent of shoppers use print and digital coupons equally while 51 percent say they print out digital coupons for use in-store.
- Digital Engagement: More than one-third report feeling “rewarded” by the number of deals/savings received in a given day via email, text, social and app notification.
- eCommerce Gaps: Over half would be more likely to shop for groceries online if they could use more coupons, with 66 percent of millennials agreeing.
Coupon Users Infographic
The infographic below shows what today’s U.S. coupon users look like, what motivates them, and how they use coupons.
Start creating, distribute and accept your first digital coupon in minutes. We offer solution for Non-Developer and Developer. Mezzofy libraries are also available for you to integrate into your existing website or mobile apps.